About the Role
In today's fast moving technology industry, it can be difficult to keep your skills up to date while being a full time developer. BrainStation Educators are offered the unique opportunity to teach, research, and develop applications, making themselves the most well-rounded and informed developers in the market.
Who You Are
- A certificate, diploma or post-secondary degree relevant to the subject matter of the course and 2 years of work experience in a career occupation relevant to the subject matter of the course
- 10 years of work experience in a career occupation relevant to the subject matter of the course
- You are extremely comfortable not only working with HTML5, CSS3, front-end frameworks (React), back-end frameworks (ExpressJS on NodeJS), and databases (MongoDB/PostgreSQL), but also speaking to their complexities
- You feel comfortable in a teaching role, and have experience speaking to large groups and mentoring others
- You are a life-long learner, always eager to improve yourself
- You are self motivated, passionate, empathetic, approachable
- You have proven ability working under pressure and meeting deadlines
What You'll Do
- Deliver lectures and mentor the best web development students in the world.
- Actively work on writing and researching new content to teach the most up to date skills in web development to our students.
- Apply agile methodologies to the program to continuously improve the educational experience for students.
- Constantly improve your own skill base, and apply these skills in collaboration with other BrainStation Educators in order to build the digital platform and tools needed to effectively deliver educational material
- Define the educational experience of the future
Why teach at BrainStation?
- You will join a portfolio of companies that includes Konrad Group, Quantum Coffee, Techvibes
- You'll join an innovative and fast paced team, who are always looking for new challenges
- You will have access to endless learning opportunities through part-time courses, workshops, and events
- Teach in the heart of downtown Vancouver at our new flagship 20,000 sq ft. campus (complete with coffee shop and rooftop patio).
- Unlimited tea, coffee, and snacks!
- Weekly catered lunches
- Monthly socials
- Access to all events, workshops and part-time courses
Bonus Points: have you taken any courses at BrainStation? A lot of our design and development best practices and processes are taught during our courses - make sure to highlight this experience in your cover letter if you have!